Ralph has had extensive cross-functional experience during his 30 years in Asia. He has carried out charitable fundraising for a number of global and local non-profit organisations helping to raise more than $250 million dollars since 1986.
As the founding Director, Development for Singapore National Eye Centre and Singapore Eye Research Institute, he prepared a capital fundraising campaign, budget and plans for a new SERI Building whose projected cost was some $100 million.
During his time as a fundraising management consultant he worked with:
- Nanyang Technological University – drafted Case for Support and fundraising strategy (their planned new campaign goal is several times their 21st Century Campaign which raised $150 million), provided senior management/board training and guidance;
- International Rice Research Institute – provided guidance/strategising to help them secure US$52.3 million from The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with plans being finalized for a further US$100 million, created their first Case for Support and fundraising strategy, mentored new development director;
- Prospect donor research – extensive and on-going prospect research on leading East and Southeast Asian families, foundations and corporations, including private interviews with ultra high net-worth individuals around the region.
He has volunteered or volunteers for the following non-profit organisations:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Hong Kong and Singapore Vice President and Education Programme Chair since 2004, this included organising/delivering eight to ten seminars annually for professional and volunteer charity fundraisers;
- Fundraising trainer and mentor for The IRRI Fund Singapore;
- Provided fundraising advice and mentoring to *SCAPE, Lotus Culture, Dover Park Hospice, and World Toilet Association;
- Clinton Global Initiative Hong Kong Conference 2008 volunteer networker and co-ordinator.
- During his sixteen years with World Wide Fund for Nature Hong Kong, he:
- recruited some $38 million in individual, foundation, government and corporate donations;
- grew the organisation from five staff in one office to over 175 staff in five offices (that he also helped design, fundraise for and oversaw construction of).
He holds a joint Executive MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He is proficient in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese (read at Harvard and Fudan Universities).